For many years, severe anxiety disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder or phobias were considered treatable only through long, painful exposure therapy, and in some cases, have been found to be very resistant to treatment.
Now, thankfully, we have access to a comfortable, effective treatment that can greatly reduce, and even remove, traumatic or phobic symptoms quickly.
Research into the Rewind Technique is still in its early days, however, one study carried out by the Human Givens Institute in the UK showed the following results:
Study size: 30 people
- 40% of clients rated rewind as extremely successful.
- 53% rated it as successful.
- 7% rated it as acceptable.
No one rated the Rewind Technique poor or as a failure.
- Prior to rewind, on average clients rated their well being as 12 out of 50.
- Seven to 10 days after treatment, the average score was 30.3 out of 50.
- Three to six months later, the average score was 32.2.
This represents an improvement of 167.4 per cent on their original ratings.
A four-year study carried out within NOVA (part of the Barnardo’s charity) showed similar results:
Study size: 47 people, 57% who were treated with the Rewind alone.
- 26 would have met the criteria for PTSD.
- After treatment, none of the forty-seven people treated met the criteria for PTSD.
- There was also a significant reduction of all sub symptoms associated with PTSD, five categories had zero reports after treatment.
(Human Given journal Volume 14, No 4- 2007)
Rewind does not need you to go over the traumatic incident(s) again.
Many people with trauma or phobias have been treated or recommended treatment using approaches which rely on going over painful memories many times; a highly unpleasant thing to have to do and often a reason why people either avoid or drop out of, treatment before their problems are resolved.
One of the best things about the Rewind is that it does not require prolonged exposure to traumatic memories, and in fact, I do not even need to know the details of what happened to you.
So if you suffer from PTSD or phobias I think I can help, so please book a call with me and I will answer any questions you may have.